Google

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dave Chappelle

I completely missed the boat on the latest Chappelle news. I knew that there were no new episodes of his show airing but, hey, it was summer. I heard comments about his being in Africa. I thought he might be taking part in some relief effort or perhaps just exploring his roots. Maybe even filming segments for the new season.

Well if you're interested and too lazy to Google his name yourself, here's the straight dope.

Early reports were balanced between claiming he had entered rehab and that he was in a mental institution. Neither of these have been corroborated by a reliable source. According to a recent Time interview, Dave is just trying to get his shit together spiritually and figure out who his real friends are in the aftermath of his 50 million dollar deal with Comedy Central.

In a recent appearance on Jimmey Kimmel Live, goddess Sarah Silverman claimed she would be taking over the hosting duties on Chappelle's Show. A joke befitting her humor but it isn't a joke. This is awesome. The Arsenio Hall Show was born of Hall's guest-hosting for an AWOL Joan Rivers. Will The Sarah Silverman Hour be long in coming? I have my fingers crossed.

Correction: Apparrently my first assumption was correct. It is a joke. Further investigation has found that the only ones corroborrating this info are idiots (like me) perpetuating the myth on their blogs. How much do you want to bet I'm the first to admit I had my head up my ass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home